1. How can I register?
To register, just click on the “Start Now For Free” button. After you see the login page, you can either register with your email address or with Github, Facebook or Google Plus for a quicker registration process.
2. What is Smartface on-device Emulator and how can I install it?
You can use Smartface On-Device Emulator to test and debug your Smartface Cloud Development projects in real time. You can download it by visiting https://smf.to/app on your mobile device.
3. Can I use Smartface On-Device Emulator to run an app from iTunes Store or Google Play Store?
4. How can I learn Smartface?
Smartface Developer Guides and API Docs are the best resources for you to learn Smartface. Contact us for more information about advanced resources and programs.
5. What happens if my trial expires?
You will not be able to create new projects and your current app development projects will be switched to a read only state but they will remain intact in your account. You can contact us to switch to an enterprise license to activate your projects anytime.
6. Will there be any restrictions when I want to export/compile my project (app)?
Smartface Cloud Development Module is available for everyone with all development features. You can develop native iOS and Android apps and submit them to stores, just click on Publish in the Cloud IDE to export your app.
7. What if I would like to have support?
Only enterprise license owners are eligible for support, you can contact us to upgrade your license to Enterprise.
8. How can I upgrade my subscription?
Contact us to upgrade your license to Enterprise.
9. What are the license types? Which one is right for my company/project?
Smartface has two types of licenses;
- Try Smartface for free for a period with no development limitations. Enterprise Team management, first-class support and enterprise-grade solutions for further information, please contact us.
10. What kind of applications can I make in Smartface?
Smartface is a flexible platform and you can develop almost any kind of general-purpose apps for any form factor for iOS and Android, including highly complex apps such as mobile banking or m-commerce.
11. Can I save my project to DCVS tools?
Every Smartface workspace is bundled with popular DCVS tools including git, mercurial and svn. You can use your terminal window (⎇+ T) to use related CLI commands. For example, go to Smartface bash terminal and type 'git'. You will see all the common commands for git. You can also manage version control of your project using DCVS tools.
12. Can I use AWS code commit ?
AWS code is based on git. You can use built in git client in your workspace or you can just install AWS’s recommended client if there any.
13. Can anybody see my private workspace ?
Private workspaces are private. No one else can see it what is inside except ones you authorized. If you have created a public workspace you can change it to private on dashboard/project details page. Please refer to this guide: How to Start?.
13. How do I debug?
14. How can I use plugins?
Native Run-time iOS and Android plugins can be used to extend run-time features. With the plugin support, any objective-C or Java code can be used in Smartface. You can use plugins provided by Smartface or by third party developers or you can develop your own plugins. Please refer to the Developing and Using Smartface Plugins guide.
15. How do I code separately for iOS & Android for different UI needs?
Smartface is a single codebase platform and you can code once and deploy the same app to iOS and Android. However, if you would like to code specifically for each platform, the differences can be managed with the following implementations:
Image assets have separate folders iOS and Android. You can use different assets for different platforms and device types.
16. Can I use my own plugins?
Smartface allows you to use and build your own plugins, even with the community license. Please refer to the Plugins guide for more information.